Natural History Illustration Honours D
|Course code DESN4630||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course builds on the intellectual and practical skills gained in DESN4600 and DESN4610 to produce a unique body of work. The consolidation of research and support materials comprises a folio, including preliminary and written research material, a dissertation and artwork to be presented as an exhibition.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||The main objectives of this course are for students to:|
1. prepare for post-graduate study through a combination of theoretical, studio and field research;
2. produce a professional portfolio;
3. recognise biodiversity and the relevant regional environment;
4. attain communication skills to a professional standard.
|Content||Topics will be selected from:|
1. Exhibition display techniques
2. Folio preparation
3. Studio dissertation presentation
4. Professional practice
5. Field excursions.
|Assumed Knowledge||DESN4600 and DESN4610 for Full time students |
DESN4600 and DESN4610 and DESN4620 for part time students
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Field Study|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for DESN4630|