Natural History Illustration Honours C
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Implement preliminary development from the course DESN4600 into production of artworks based on the initial proposal.
Uses and extends practical skills acquired in previous courses to develop a self-directed research project including the production of visual material in related studio practice.
The main objectives of this course are for students to:
1. develop a commitment to effective, comprehensive and well-founded knowledge, skills and ethical standards appropriate to the field of Natural History Illustration;
2. encourage effective decision-making and problem solving;
3. work autonomously and collaboratively by fostering professional and community links;
4. utilize planning skills for successful project outcomes;
5. extend multidisciplinary skills and experience.
Topics will be selected from:
1. Application of field methodology to self directed project.
2. Selection and utilization of appropriate studio methodology to self directed project.
3. Critical review and relevance of project to contemporary Natural History Illustration.
4. Visits to related professional organizations.
5. Field excursion.
DESN4600 and DESN4610
Modes of Delivery
Self Directed Learning
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Studio: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term