Natural History Illustration Honours B
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Provides students with theoretical knowledge and skills necessary to undertake a Natural History Illustration research project. This is developed through interactive dialogue, discussion of historical links, specialist lectures, studio and fieldwork. Students acquire research methodology through lectures, presentation of seminars and student projects.
The main objectives of this course are for students to:
1. acquire research skills and carry out research activities related to Natural History Illustration;
2. recognise social, cultural, physical and intellectual diversity including the history and diversity of indigenous peoples;
3. think logically, laterally, critically and creatively; analyse and synthesize;
4. develop logical argument;
5. gain experience in project planning and seminar presentation.
1. Visual and oral presentation skills.
2. Research methodology.
3. Analytical and critical evaluation of visual and written material.
4. Literature search.
5. Peer review.
Degree in Bachelor of Natural History Illustration, Fine Art, Visual Communication Design or related Science with Credit level average or above.
Modes of Delivery
Self Directed Learning
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Seminar: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term