Design Honours II
|Course code DESN4230||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course builds on DESN4220 and is the production phase of the design research project. Students are to realise a research project that demonstrates independent creative thinking and a deeper understanding of visual communications design. Students will be expected to work closely with their supervisor to complete the research project. The final form of the research project can be a written research project or a creative practical project as defined in DESN4220. The project may incorporate aspects of work-integrated learning.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Effectively undertake the production phase of the design research project.
2. Demonstrate high-level effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
3. Work autonomously and collaboratively.
4. Utilize planning skills for successful project outcomes.
5. Demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research in design.
6. Produce a professional portfolio or body of work.
|Content||The content of the research project will be determined by the student in consultation with their supervisor. This may include a creative or practical project; work-integrated learning experience and/or a thesis appropriate to research undertaken at Honours level.|
|Assumed Knowledge||DESN4200, DESN4210 and DESN4220|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Self Directed Learning: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for DESN4230|