Design Honours 1
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012
Building on DESN4210, this course will provide students a framework to develop an individual research project in visual communication design. Students will build advanced skills specific to an area of design related to their project and develop an understanding of a specialised area of design.
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Recognise the role of research-based scholarship within the area of visual communication design.
2. Display an awareness of the current research trends specific to their individual research area.
3. Demonstrate decision-making and problem-solving in the context of their individual research project.
4. Develop an adequate depth of creative, analytical and communication skills necessary for completion of an individual research project.
|Content||Topics may include
1. Defining research questions.
2. Analytical and critical evaluation of visual and written material.
3. Visual, oral and written communication skills.
4. Project organisation skills.
5. Work Integrated Learning.
6. Advanced practical and theoretical skills.
7. Consideration of ethical, legal and sustainable practices.
|Assumed Knowledge||DESN4200 and DESN4210|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Integrated Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Seminar: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for DESN4220|