Natural History Major Project 1
|Course code DESN3520||Units 20||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Enables students to develop an approved project that consolidates the core skills, processes and concepts of Natural History Illustration. The course utilises and extends knowledge and experiences in studio and fieldwork with the application of experimental and innovative production techniques. Students are directed in the development of a structured body of artwork. Primary consideration will be for the contribution of artwork from the project to the development of a professional portfolio.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005|
|Objectives||This course will:|
1. define and develop an area of research in Natural History Illustration;
2. identify and apply fieldwork knowledge to a studio based project;
3. consolidate studio skills and apply them to a significant body of work;
4. demonstrate a professional commitment to the field of Natural History Illustration;
5. demonstrate creative and innovative approaches to a specific task.
6. demonstrate the ability to apply critical self and peer assessment.
|Content||Topics focus on developing a professional approach to the application of studies and tasks in the field of Natural History Illustration. These include some or all of the following:|
Professional and studio practice.
Colour photography as an aid to field research.
Paper technology and selection.
Visits to museums and galleries.
Collaboration with industry representatives.
Printing and visual reproduction methods.
|Assumed Knowledge||DESN2550 and DESN2560.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Field Study|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term