Digital Graphic Design
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
Explores the theoretical and practical aspects of digital graphic design, production and reproduction. Emphasis is placed on combining visual communication principles with technical knowledge in the creation of digital imagery and illustrations. Lectures, studios, seminars and lab sessions will encourage the study of digital illustration, computer generated imagery and output technologies.
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an applied knowledge of computer hardware and software specific to digital media;
2. Demonstrate a competency in the use of both vector-based and raster-based technologies;
3. Communicate using the terminology particular to digital media and design;
4. Demonstrate a professional attitude to studio practice as it relates to digital media;
5. Demonstrate an awareness of conceptual and theoretical issues related to digital media.
- Principles of digital graphic design;
- Vector-based and raster-based imaging software;
- Digital imaging input and output technologies;
- Digital illustration techniques;
- Professional studio practice;
- Digital media trouble shooting;
- Historical context of digital graphics.
|Replacing Course(s)||DESN2230 - Design for Digital Media (10 units)|
|Transition||DESN3230 - Design for New Media replaces DESN2230 - Design for Digital Media.
Students who fail DESN2230 - Design for Digital Media should enroll in DESN3230 - Design for New Media.
Students who have successfully completed DESN2230 - Design for Digital Media should not enroll in DESN3230 - Design for New Media. Not to count with DESN2230.
|Assumed Knowledge||DESN1300, DESN2310 or equivalent.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for DESN3230|