Design Projects 5B: Design Directions 2
|Course code DESN3052||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course enables students to choose from a variety of experimental or professionally oriented project offerings, or initiate their own project/s, to develop a more focused or diverse design expertise. Project offerings may encompass but are not limited to: print design, environmental graphic design, design for printed information, exhibition and public event design, advertising and branding, and Work Integrated Learning design placements were applicable. This course will examine areas of process for designers and illustrators.
Not available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate through their completed design projects a clear sense of their future professional design direction;
2. Demonstrate and apply a well developed creative understanding of the interplay between content and image, type and graphic elements in their chosen design media or medias;
3. Generate content for professional and / or experimental design applications of their choosing;
4. Conceive, design and execute their chosen design project/s in an ethical and professional manner;
5. Complete design projects to production ready standards through project driven self-tuition of relevant production skills.
6. Understand the role of art direction and editorial policy set by a publication.
|Content||Topics will include:|
1. Art director's views and role in the design process
2. Schedule of production.
3 Development of personal standard, idea generation and design strategies.
|Assumed Knowledge||Must have successfully completed all of the following|
DESN2031 Design Projects 3 &
DESN2041 Design Projects 4 &
DESN1111 Design Imaging 1 &
DESN1112 Design Imaging 2 &
DESN1101 Design Fundamentals &
DESN1102 Graphic Design
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks|
Self Directed Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks