Design Projects 5A: Design Directions 1
|Course code DESN3051||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course enables students to choose from a variety of experimental or professionally oriented project offerings, or initiate their own project/s, to develop a more focused or diverse design expertise. Project offerings may encompass but are not limited to: environmental graphics; moving image design; interactive design; immersive design; games design; web design; experience design; brand development; museum and exhibition design; design competitions; pro-bono community group design; and work integrated learning design placements. This course will examine relevant and current issues of professional practice for emerging designers.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate through their completed design projects a clear sense of their future professional design direction;
2. Demonstrate and apply a well developed creative understanding of the interplay between content and image, type and graphic elements in their chosen design media or medias;
3. Generate content for professional and / or experimental design applications of their choosing;
4. Conceive, design and execute their chosen design project/s in an ethical and professional manner;
5. Complete design projects to production ready standards through project driven self-tuition of relevant production skills.
6. Consider difference in digital platform and how this effects design.
|Content||Topics will include: |
1. Client / stakeholder / user engagement;
2. Costing and scheduling;
3. Agency, freelance and self directed work environments;
4. Career opportunities for professional and experimental design.
|Assumed Knowledge||Must have successfully completed all of the following|
DESN2031 Design Projects 3 &
DESN2041 Design Projects 4 &
DESN1111 Design Imaging 1 &
DESN1112 Design Imaging 2 &
DESN1101 Typography 1 &
DESN1102 Typography 2
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks
Self Directed Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks