Design Projects 5A: Design Directions 1
This course enables students to choose from a variety of experimental or professionally oriented project offerings, or initiate their own project/s, to develop a more focused or diverse design expertise. Project offerings may encompass but are not limited to: environmental graphics; moving image design; interactive design; immersive design; games design; web design; experience design; brand development; museum and exhibition design; design competitions; pro-bono community group design; and work integrated learning design placements. This course will examine relevant and current issues of professional practice for emerging designers.
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate through their completed design projects a clear sense of their future professional design direction;
2. Demonstrate and apply a well developed creative understanding of the interplay between content and image, type and graphic elements in their chosen design media or medias;
3. Generate content for professional and / or experimental design applications of their choosing;
4. Conceive, design and execute their chosen design project/s in an ethical and professional manner;
5. Complete design projects to production ready standards through project driven self-tuition of relevant production skills.
6. Consider difference in digital platform and how this effects design.
Topics will include:
- Client / stakeholder / user engagement;
- Costing and scheduling;
- Agency, freelance and self directed work environments;
- Career opportunities for professional and experimental design
To enrol in this course you must have successfully completed DESN1101, DESN1102, DESN2031 and DESN2041.
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Self-Directed 1 hour(s) per Week for 6 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 6 Weeks