Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Multimedia on the Web is already central to e-business, entertainment and education. With broadband delivery and real-time, immersive environments escalating, the application of Web Multimedia is set to explode. This course provides an introduction to the area of Multimedia on the World Wide Web. It will attract students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in the multi-disciplinary nature of the creative professions and looking for a career in the applications of new media.
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. have gained skills in the development of multimedia content for the Web;
2. have improved their ability to conceive, design and construct Web pages;
3. have gained an improved general understanding of the screen language of the Web; and
4. have developed an ability to critically appraise their own and the work of others.
|Content||This course will explore the creation of multimedia content for the World Wide Web. Topics will include:
1. Pixel-based and vector-based animation.
2. Audio files in various formats.
3. Moving images and interactive sequences.
4. Narrative web design theory.
5. Interactive web design theory.
6. Website and project management.
7. Aspects of Communication theory.
|Assumed Knowledge||60 units at 1000 level including CMNS1000 or DESN1300 or INFT1004.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for DESN2270|