Visual Communication Design Studio 2
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013
This course extends the study of visual communication principles and processes with a concentration on pragmatic, print and screen based studio projects. A particular focus will be the articulation and presentation of design concepts in a studio context.
The activity in the course will harness and extend the skills and knowledge established in the previous studio core courses in order to prepare the student for the professional folio production undertaken in the third year studio core.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of contemporary visual communication studio practice
2. Produce design solutions suitable for print and electronic publication
3. Communicate using terminology specific to contemporary visual communications studio practice
4. Recognise traditional and contemporary visual communication production processes.
5. Prepare and articulate a design concept presentation
Topics will include:
- Print based design
- Screen based design
- Design studio practice
- Visual Communications media and technique
- Concept presentation techniques
- Basic design studio logistics
DESN2160 - Graphic Design
Students who have successfully completed DESN2160 - Graphic Design will not be required to complete DESN2180 - Visual Communication Design Studio 2. Credit cannot be obtained for both DESN2160 and DESN2180.
DESN1100 - Visual Communication Principles 1, DESN1150 - Visual Communication Principles 2, DESN1300 - Visual Communication Technology, DESN1470 - Design Process and DESN1200 - Visual Communication Drawing 1 and DESN2170 Visual Communication Design Studio 1.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term