Design Projects 4: Designing for Screen and Movement
This course introduces students to a variety of design for screen based moving and interactive media applications through a series of practical and experimental project briefs. It will cover key professional applications of design for screen based moving and interactive visual media as well as enabling opportunities for more experimental approaches to their use. It will explore the relationship between content generation and image, type and graphic interplay with particular emphasis on layout design for screen based moving and interactive media.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Conceive and design a variety of screen based moving and interactive forms of visual communication;
2. Demonstrate and apply a creative understanding of the interplay between content and moving image, type and graphic elements;
3. Generate content for professional and experimental screen based moving and interactive design applications;
4. Complete design projects to production ready standards through project driven self-tuition of relevant production skills.
Topics will include:
- The relationship between screen based moving and interactive design content and form;
- Concept and content generation;
- Layout design for screen based moving and interactive media;
Professional and experimental applications of screen based moving and interactive media design.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN2180. Students who have successfully completed DESN2180 are not eligible to enrol in DESN2041.
Pre-requisite - successful completion of DESN1011, DESN1100, DESN1021 and DESN1150
Must have successfully completed both DESN1011 Design Projects 1 & DESN1021 Design Projects 2 Highly recommended that students have also successfully completed all of DESN1111 Design Imaging 1 & DESN1112 Design Imaging 2 & DESN1101 Typography 1 & DESN1102 Typography 2
Project: Project 1
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Project: Project 2
Report: Individual designed and written report on learning process
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks