Issues in Design
|Course code DESN2030||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Design is a process of thought and action. In this course the thinking underpinning the results of contemporary design are explored. Students are introduced to some of the varied perspectives and influences that underlie development in design theory. It will attract students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in understanding how design is understood in context. The work of current designers and contemporary culture are used as reference points.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. demonstrate an understanding of contemporary culture;
2. understand how design relates to the social context;
3. be familiar with the work of current designers.
1. Perception in design;
2. Underlying developments in design;
3. Analysis of contemporary designers.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for DESN2030|