Visual Communication Technology 1
|Course code DESN1300||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Introduces the technology, tools and terminology commonly used in visual communication design practice. Particular attention is given to the appropriate application of such technologies to industry based scenarios and projects while considering and exploring basic design principles.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will:|
1. have an understanding of various types of graphic reproduction processes;
2. be able to communicate using language of the visual communication profession;
3. be able to understand and operate technologies appropriate at the level expected for their stage of training;
4. be able to demonstrate basic practical computer skills.
1. introductory application of computer skills;
2. preparing artwork for printing and digital transmission;
3. visual and verbal presentation techniques;
4. basic typographic and design principles;
5. introductory professional practice.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term