Visual Communication Technology 1
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Introduces the technology, tools and terminology commonly used in visual communication design practice. Particular attention is given to the appropriate application of such technologies to industry based scenarios and projects while considering and exploring basic design principles.
|Objectives||On completion of this course, students will:
1. have an understanding of various types of graphic reproduction processes;
2. be able to communicate using language of the visual communication profession;
3. be able to understand and operate technologies appropriate at the level expected for their stage of training;
4. be able to demonstrate basic practical computer skills.
1. introductory application of computer skills;
2. preparing artwork for printing and digital transmission;
3. visual and verbal presentation techniques;
4. basic typographic and design principles;
5. introductory professional practice.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for DESN1300|