Visual Commmunication Design Principles 2
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011
This course will build upon the foundation skills introduced in the course DESN1100 Visual Communication Principles 1, with a focus on core visual communication design skills. The course will further develop the knowledge of essential design principles, techniques and materials in the context of design studio activity.
|Objectives||On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate practical application of the design elements and principles via the project based learning mode.
2. Display an ability to communicate using key terminology specific to visual communication.
3. Recognise the role of traditional and contemporary visual communication design production processes.
4. Devise creative solutions to specific design problems.
|Content||Topics will include:
- Design elements and principles.
- Design studio practice.
- Visual Communication media and technique.
- Presentation techniques.
- Basic creative problem solving.
- The structure of type and image.
- Fundamentals of Illustration, Graphic Design and Digital Media.
|Replacing Course(s)||DESN2111 - Visual communication design principles|
|Transition||Students who have successfully completed DESN2111 - Visual Communication Design Principles will not be required to complete DESN1150 - Visual Communication Design Principles 2. Credit cannot be obtained for both DESN2111 and DESN1150.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Studio: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for DESN1150|