Design Imaging 1: Seeing Photo-based and handmade images
This course introduces students to the idea of seeing as an active process of observation and the role this plays in visual communication design. It explores the relationship between observation and a variety of image based / mark making media in documenting observations and communicating meaning.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Frame their observations through appropriate visual media - including but not limited to - still photography, drawing, moving image, mark making etc;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the role of observation in design ideation, through the use of relevant visual / mark making media;
3. Experiment with a variety of forms of visual / mark making media;
4. Communicate effectively with a variety of visual / mark making media.
Topics will include:
- Observation as an active form of seeing;
- The relationship between imaging and imagination;
- The affect of hand generated and lense media imagery on observation;
- Observation and the frame;
The role of hand generated and lense media imagery in visually communicating ideas.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN1311. Students who have successfully completed DESN1311 are not eligible to enrol in DESN1111.
Presentation: Assignment 1 - Journal and Presentation
Presentation: Assignment 2 - Journal and Presentation
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks