Design Projects 2: Visual Design Thinking
|Course code DESN1021||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course introduces students to the integration of a variety visual media, processes and practices into visual communication projects. It explores brief definition and development, idea generation, design prototyping and project implementation and execution. It emphasises the importance of thinking, communicating and reflecting through visual forms.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Conceive and design for a variety of visual communication formats;
2. Experiment with the interplay between content, image, type and graphic elements;
3. Generate content for relevant design formats;
4. Complete design projects to an acceptable production standard.
|Content||Topics will include: |
1. Brief definition and development;
2. Design prototyping, experimentation, and selection;
3. Project execution and management;
4. Design for appropriate formats.
|Replacing Course(s)||DESN1150 Visual Communication Design Principles 2|
|Transition||DESN1021 replaced DESN1150 'Visual Communication Design Principles 2' in 2014. Students who have successfully completed DESN1150 will not be required to complete DESN1021. Credit cannot be obtained for both DESN1021 and DESN1150.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks|
Workshop: for 6 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for DESN1021|