Design Projects 2: Visual Design Thinking
This course introduces students to the integration of a variety of visual media, processes and practices into visual communication projects. It explores brief definition and development, idea generation, design prototyping and project implementation and execution. It emphasises the importance of thinking, communicating and reflecting through visual forms.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Conceive and design for a variety of visual communication formats;
2. Experiment with the interplay between content, image, type and graphic elements;
3. Generate content for relevant design formats;
4. Complete design projects to an acceptable production standard.
Topics will include:
- Brief definition and development
- Design prototyping, experimentation, and selection;
- Project execution and management;
- Design for appropriate formats.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN1150. Students who have successfully completed DESN1150 are not eligible to enrol in DESN1021.
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks