Design Projects 1: Visual Design Experimentation
This course introduces students to a variety of foundational visual communication design principles and encourages their experimentation of them. It explores how visual design elements and principles work together to make and communicate meaning. It covers the fundamental principle of tone of voice through the relationship between type, image and graphic elements.
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of the relationship between material experimentation and idea generation;
2. Experiment with the interplay between visual elements and content using foundational design principles;
3. Generate content for relevant formats;
4. Complete design projects to an acceptable production standard.
Topics will include:
- Visual elements and content including - but not limited to - point, line, plane, texture, colour, negative space, etc;
- Design principles - including but not limited to - scale, contrast, movement, rhythm, balance, repetition, etc;
- Experimenting with visual forms and materials;
Experimenting with concept and content generation.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN1100. Students who have successfully completed DESN1100 are not eligible to enrol in DESN1011.
This course replaces DESN1100. If you have successfully completed DESN1100 you cannot enrol in this course.
Project: Completed Design Work
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks