Design Contexts 2: When - Histories of Visual Communication Design
|Course code DESN1002||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course introduces students to some of the key historical moments in the development of the specific design practice of visual communication. It will explore the development of visual communication design in relation to relevant to broader historical events.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate a basic critical understanding of some the key historical moments in the development of visual communication design;
2. Demonstrate a basic critical understanding of broader historical events in the development of visual communication design;
3. Identify the role and significance of key figures in the development of visual communication design;
4. Conduct basic academic research, individually and as part of a group, and demonstrate relevant information literacy;
5. Competently express their research findings using appropriate oral presentation techniques and written forms of communication.
|Content||Topics will include: |
1. Key figures in visual communication design;
2. Histories of visual communication design;
3. The impact historical events have visual communication design.
|Replacing Course(s)||DESN1470 Design Process|
|Transition||DESN1002 replaced DESN1470 'Design Process' in 2014. Students who have successfully completed DESN1470 will not be required to complete DESN1002. Credit cannot be obtained for both DESN1002 and DESN1470.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for DESN1002|