Design Contexts 2: When - Histories of Visual Communication Design
This course introduces students to some of the key historical moments in the development of the specific design practice of visual communication. It will explore the development of visual communication design in relation to relevant, broader historical events.
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate a basic critical understanding of some the key historical moments in the development of visual communication design;
2. Demonstrate a basic critical understanding of broader historical events in the development of visual communication design;
3. Identify the role and significance of key figures in the development of visual communication design;
4. Conduct basic academic research, individually and as part of a group, and demonstrate relevant information literacy;
5. Competently express their research findings using appropriate oral presentation techniques and written forms of communication.
Topics will include:
- Key figures in visual communication design;
- Histories of visual communication design;
- The impact historical events have visual communication design.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN1470. Students who have successfully completed DESN1470 are not eligible to enrol in DESN1002.
This course replaces DESN1470. If you have successfully completed DESN1470 you cannot enrol in this course.
Presentation: Presentations - Group
Report: Written Research Report
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 8 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks