Studies issues related to the displaying of objects, which may include: graphics hardware, windows programming, 2D drawing primitives, 2D & 3D geometrical transformation, projections, geometric models, 3D viewing, visible-surface determination, illumination and shading, ray tracing, and computer animation.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Appreciate mathematical fundamentals of computer graphics techniques
2. Understand and appreciate computer graphics concepts
3. Employ selected software to achieve interactive computer graphics
4. Be able to implement graphics effects
5. Work within a group to complete a graphics project
- Graphics pipeline.
- Graphics algorithms.
- Geometrical operations used in graphics.
- Methods for modeling curves, surfaces, and solids.
- Lighting models and colour.
1. Familiarity with a. elementary linear algebra (vectors, matrices) and geometry. b. elementary calculus (for some parts of the course). 2. Some Computer Science a. reasonable programming skills b. elementary data structures and algorithms
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
In Term Test: Examination: Class
Formal Examination: Examination: Formal
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory Exercises
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term