Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
The purpose of this course is to study how high-level languages can be implemented on a computer.
1. To give students a detailed understanding of the issues related to language translation.
2. To have students apply software engineering techniques learnt in earlier courses to produce a compiler for a special language and architecture.
1. Introduction to the theory of grammars
2. High level languages and their compilers
3. Lexical analysis
4. Syntactic analysis
5. Semantic analysis
6. Object code generation
8. Compiling Advanced Language Features
SENG1120 and one of COMP2270 or ELEC2700.
Modes of Delivery
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Seminar: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term