Communication Honours IV: Research Project
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
This course involves the direct application of research skills and competencies developed in CMNS4130. The course is conducted under the supervision of an academic staff member who is the student's honours research supervisor. It concentrates on the data collection and production aspects of a research project. By the start of this course, students will have completed a literature review, identified a suitable research question and developed a robust research design. The research project explores and implements appropriate production or data collection techniques and develops advanced skills in either production or data analysis. The course develops initial drafts of the final Honours research project. Students will receive non-graded formal structured feedback from their supervisor on the student's progress at the end of this course.
|Objectives||On completing this course students will be expected to have contributed to a demonstration of:
1. the ability to carry out independent research in communication and media arts;
2. the ability to select and administer appropriate methods for collecting and analysing production material and research data;
3. a development of critical and analytical skills;
4. research, production and time management skills and
5. editing and drafting skills for research projects.
|Content||1.The content of the research project in the discipline of communication and media will be substantially determined by the student, in that they will choose, in consultation with the Head of School and Honours Co-ordinator, the topic of their thesis or project and on this basis will be allocated a Supervisor from within this disciplinary area.
2. The methodologies appropriate to the the discipline of communication and media.
3. An engagement with data collection.
4. Drafting aspects of their thesis or creative project production appropriate to research projects undertaken at Honours level.
|Replacing Course(s)||CMNS4050 - Communication Honours III|
|Assumed Knowledge||CMNS4110, CMNS4120 and CMNS4130.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for CMNS4140|