Communication, Creativity & Cultural Production
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Students will analyse competing theoretical frameworks and study various individual and collective creative practices as well as discuss methods of enhancing creativity. They will examine and analyse the issues associated with creativity and cultural production such as originality and authenticity, the notion of individual genius and possible limitations placed upon creative freedom by culture industries. On completion, students will have gained an understanding of creativity as it applies to professional careers in radio, film and television, journalism, audio and other spheres of cultural production.
|Objectives||On successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
1. demonstrate a competent level of familiarity with the theoretical positions on creativity and cultural production;
2. examine and analyse the issues associated with creativity and cultural production and study the constraining and enabling factors that provide predispositions for creative action;
3. understand creativity in practical careers in radio, film, journalism, photography, sound production, television and other spheres of cultural production.
|Content||The course will examine:
1. Theories on creativity and cultural production;
2. The debates surrounding these positions and the conceptual and practical production strategies in the creation of radio drama and features, video projects, music recordings, journalism, photographic works and other forms of cultural production.
The syllabus provides opportunity for students to develop skills in critical analysis as a means of enhancing their creativity.
|Assumed Knowledge||60 units at 2000 level|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for CMNS3310|