Clinical Practice Audit, Safety and Quality Improvement
Available in 2012
|Distance Education - Callaghan||Semester 2|
This course introduces candidates to quality improvement tools and techniques that will enhance the safety and quality of health care services. It describes the historical development of Quality Improvement and the introduction of Quality improvement programs as a multidisciplinary approach in the health field, introduces basic methods of data presentation and presents various examples of Quality Improvement techniques.
On completion of this course the candidate will be able to:
1. Discuss the key principles of quality (for example, the importance of a customer focus, the perception of the work environment as a system, a scientific approach based on data, teamwork, leadership, and continuous improvement).
2. Describe and implement a model for improving care processes.
3. Recognise the importance of defining, analysing and improving processes in health care, describe quality improvement tools and techniques commonly used in the health care setting and determine their appropriate applications.
Course content includes learning modules covering:
1. Introducing quality improvement in health care
2. Assessing and measuring quality
3. Techniques and tools for measuring quality
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Distance Learning : Paper Based
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Email Discussion Group
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
Email Discussion Group: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term