Environmental Engineering Project 2
Provides a problem-based introduction to design techniques in environmental engineering. Several applications are considered with an emphasis on real-world problems typically encountered by graduates. The problems are set by practicing engineers and cover most aspects of environmental engineering design.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Understand and apply environmental engineering design philosophies.
2. Apply research and design skills acquired in earlier courses in environmental engineering and related disciplines to solve design problems and conduct investigations
3. Communicate design solutions.
4. Develop an appreciation of the social, economic and institutional factors affecting environmental engineerng design and investigation
5. Develop the ability to function effectively as a member of a design team.
6. construct a professional report reflecting the group¿s recommended solution and analysis of this solution.
7. verbally present and defend the group¿s solution to client.
Broadly covers analysis of environmental problems and development of sustainable, economic solutions. This may include investigation for environmental impact assessment and design of pollution control systems. Students typically visit sites of interest, and interact with a broad range of professionals, regulatory authorities and practicing engineers.
One major design project is undertaken, led by an outside consulting engineer with internal academic supervision.
Students must satisfy standard entry requirements for fourth year environmental engineering.
Presentation: Oral Presentations
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term