Advanced Written Chinese
|Course code CHIN3201||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
Emphasis is on the development of reading and writing skills and cultural background knowledge (written expression, intensive and extensive reading) through reading and examination of a range of carefully selected texts at an advanced level, including newspaper articles, contemporary Chinese literary texts and films with particular reference to practical language use.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006|
|Objectives||1. The ability to read and write 300 new words and associated compounds. |
2. The ability to use the 300 new characters and expressions in basic practical writings.
3. An understanding of advanced grammatical structures.
4. The ability to read, appreciate and analyse a range of Chinese texts including newspaper articles, broadcasts and films in Modern Standard Chinese.
5. An appreciation of Chinese culture and society in the contexts of the texts studied.
|Content||The course will cover: |
1. 300 new Chinese characters and expressions.
2. Intensive and extensive reading of a range of contemporary texts including newspaper articles and films in Modern Standard Chinese.
3. Grammatical structures at an advanced level.
4. Basic skills at writing practical compositions in MSC.
|Replacing Course(s)||The reading and writing components of Advanced Chinese I - CHIN3100. The deletion of this course does not impact on any other programs.|
|Assumed Knowledge||CHIN2202 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|