Advanced Spoken Chinese II
|Course code CHIN3102||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
A comprehensive advanced language course, offered as a sequel to CHIN3101. Emphasis is on the further development of communication skills (oral expression, listening comprehension) in Modern Standard Chinese.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||This course is designed to give students:|
1. the ability to make active use of 800 words in simple conversations in MSC,
2. the ability to translate simple conversations into and from Chinese,
3. the ability to read fluently within their vocabulary range,
4. a good level of appreciation of Chinese culture and society.
|Content||The course will cover:|
1. Intensive training in communication skills (enunciation, speaking and listening),
2. Classroom performances of students own work,
3. Oral report of assigned topics,
4. A series of texts on topics that are of interest to students: campus life and family, aspects of Chinese culture, oral expression, intensive reading skills in MSC will be emphasised.
5. Grammatical structures at an advanced level.
|Replacing Course(s)||The speaking and listening components of Advanced Chinese II - CHIN3200|
|Assumed Knowledge||CHIN3101 or equivalent.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|