Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese I
Provides a comprehensive language course designed for students with a basic knowledge of Chinese.
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop listening and speaking skills in Modern Standard Chinese.
2. Study Chinese grammar at an intermediate level for use in oral and written communication.
3. Expand on vocabulary for topical conversations and practical writings in Chinese.
4. Acquire knowledge about Chinese culture and contemporary life.
5. Develop reading and writing skills in Modern Standard Chinese.
Course in Modern Standard Chinese offered at the intermediate level with rapid expansion of vocabulary, grammatical structures and the acquisition of intensive listening and speaking and reading and writing skills. On completion of this course, students should have active use of 500 words and associated compounds and be able to conduct simple conversations and to read simple Chinese texts and write simple practical compositions in MSC.
This course replaces CHIN2101. If you have successfully completed CHIN2101 you cannot enrol in this course.
CHIN1120 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments 2 (1000 words per piece), take-home assignments
In Term Test: In class tests (Listening, writing, speaking)
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
1 hour of self-directed private study of Chinese characters
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term