Intermediate Written Chinese II
Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
Provides a comprehensive language course designed for students with a basic knowledge of Chinese. Emphasis is on the further development of written expression, character recognition, intensive and extensive reading as well as writing skills in Modern Standard Chinese.
1. To develop reading and writing skills in Modern Standard Chinese.
2. To study Chinese grammar at an intermediate level for use in written communication.
3. To expand on vocabulary in Chinese.
4. To acquire knowledge about Chinese culture and contemporary life.
Intermediate written Chinese offered as a sequel to CHIN2201 with rapid expansion of vocabulary, grammatical structures and the acquisition of intensive reading and writing skills. On completion of this course, students should:
- have active use of 800 characters and associated compounds;
- be able to read Chinese texts at an intermediate level;
- be able to write simple practical compositions.
The reading and writing components of Intermediate Chinese I - CHIN2220. The deletion of this course does not impact on any other programs.
CHIN2201 or equivalent.
Modes of Delivery
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term