Chemical Engineering Research Project Part B
|Course code CHEE4971B||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Engineering|
This course is Part B of a multi-term sequence. Part A must be successfully completed before undertaking Part B.
Develops research techniques and ability to work individually on a problem. The student and academic supervisor (frequently an industrial sponsor is involved) establish the objectives and expected outcomes of the research project, which is then pursued by the student under the guidance of the supervisor(s).
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. To carry out a major research project in the field of process technology.|
2. To develop research techniques like literature reviews, evaluations of previous work in the area.
3. To develop the ability to work individually on a problem.
4. To enhance the report writing abilities and bibliographic referencing of the student.
5. To further develop the ability to present a major piece of research as a short summary -type seminar.
|Content||Each student is required to:|
1. Develop a research proposal after discussions with the supervisor and consulting relevant literature on the topic of the research.
2. Prepare a plan of experimental or computer work and carry this out, with modifications as the results of the work progress.
3. Submit a Final Research Report which incorporates the results and conclusions of the research carried out in a scientific, logical and ordered manner.
In certain projects, experimental equipment is designed and developed by the student.
|Assumed Knowledge||Completion of all Year 1-3 courses.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for CHEE4971B|