Creative and Performing Arts Honours 3: Research Project/Thesis
This course will involve the preparation, production and presentation of a substantial research project on a topic related to the Creative and Performing Arts. It is designed for students who reach a high level of academic achievement within the undergraduate program and external students of comparable ability. The course provides students with the opportunity to prepare for future work in research and/or critically supported performance or creative arts practice. Areas of research may potentially include any topic within the Creative and Performing Arts.
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Detailed understanding of the key issues and concepts relating to their chosen field of study;
2. Detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to their chosen field of study;
3. Ability to critically analyse and historically and aesthetically contextualise ideas relevant to their research project;
4. Ability to formulate and develop a research study through a suitable research method
5. Ability to complete an extended research thesis or dissertation at Honours level OR a written exegesis with an accompanying creative project at Honours level;
This course will involve the preparation and production of a substantial thesis. The overall thesis may consist of a research thesis OR a creative work and exegesis. The student will be required to undertake independent research on a topic of their choice within the Creative and Performing Arts field in consultation with an appropriate supervisor and subject to approval by the Program convenor.
This course is only available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) requires successful completion of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Social Science or equivalent, with a major in a field relevant to their proposed Honours study and at least a credit average in the field of their undergraduate program.
Thesis: Thesis comprised of Dissertation or Exegesis/Creative project
Callaghan and Ourimbah
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term