Research Project Development
This course will assist students to conceptualise, initiate, plan and develop a research project appropriate to the Honours level. These activities will include the initial scoping of the project, literature reviews, writing workshops, pilot activities and project planning as well as substantial work towards the substance of the research project, in whichever form and using whichever method is selected. This course is intended to complement and extend upon CAPA4001 and to prepare students for the development and completion of their research in CAPA4003
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. The necessary skills to conceptualise and undertake a substantive piece of research in the Creative and Performing Arts;
2. Contextualised understanding of the complex critical discourses that inform research in the Creative and Performing Arts;
3. Research and reflective skills relevant to the particular project;
4. Written and oral communication skills commensurate with research at honours level in the Creative and Performing Arts.
5. Project management, initiative, autonomy, self confidence and planning skills as required to scope and plan the activities and timelines to complete a research project within the given timeframe
This course will include a directed reading unit relevant to the student’s research project to be determined in consultation with the student’s supervisor and the Honours co-ordinator; the production of a literature review; together with scoping and initiation of the student’s research project. In addition, the course will include participation in engaged discourse, group critique, oral presentations, analytical essays, and where appropriate, practice-based tasks.
Bachelor of Arts or equivalent undergraduate degree, with a major in a field relevant to their proposed Honours study with at least a Credit average.
Written Assignment: Essay/Creative Work
Presentation: Seminar presentation
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 17 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term