Creative Arts: Drawing & Painting (upper level)
This course will develop advanced visual skills and critical literacy in two-dimensional art practice in conjunction with an ongoing awareness of historical and theoretical underpinnings of two-dimensional art practice in contemporary culture.
Not currently available.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. have an advanced understanding of the methods, materials and equipment necessary for the practice of painting, drawing and other two-dimensional art practices.
2. have an advanced understanding of the expressive possibilities of two-dimensional art practices.
3. have an advanced understanding of the historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary two-dimensional art practice.
4. have an advanced understanding of the historical relationship between the human body and two dimensional art practice.
5. continue to develop appropriate health and safety practices.
- Methods and materials of two-dimensional image making.
- Conceptual, formal and strategic approaches to 2D image making.
- The problems of representation and originality in contemporary art practice.
- Modernism, postmodernism and contemporary approaches to art history.
- Contemporary two-dimensional art practices.
- Good health and safety practices.
Project: Major Work(s)