Creative Arts: Drawing & Painting (upper level)
|Course code CAPA3302||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course will develop advanced visual skills and critical literacy in two-dimensional art practice in conjunction with an ongoing awareness of historical and theoretical underpinnings of two-dimensional art practice in contemporary culture.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||By the end of the course the student will:|
1. have an advanced understanding of the methods, materials and equipment necessary for the practice of painting, drawing and other two-dimensional art practices.
2. have an advanced understanding of the expressive possibilities of two-dimensional art practices.
3. have an advanced understanding of the historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary two-dimensional art practice.
4. have an advanced understanding of the historical relationship between the human body and two dimensional art practice.
5. continue to develop appropriate health and safety practices.
|Content||1.Methods and materials of two-dimensional image making.|
2.Conceptual, formal and strategic approaches to 2D image making.
3.The problems of representation and originality in contemporary art practice.
4.Modernism, postmodernism and contemporary approaches to art history.
5.Contemporary two-dimensional art practices.
6.Good health and safety practices.
|Replacing Course(s)||ARTC3302 Creative Arts: Drawing & Painting (upper level).|
|Transition||Students who have successfully completed ARTC3302 Creative Arts: Drawing & Painting (upper level) may not enrol into CAPA3302 Creative Arts: Drawing & Painting (upper level).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term