Visual Arts: Practice and Research
|Course code CAPA3010||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
Exposes students to the value of artistic research through practice, history and interdisciplinarity. This course will alert students to issues arising in a range of disciplines which can be useful to the emerging artist and to methods and approaches to the generation of knowledge and development of creative practice. This course is designed as a capstone to undergraduate studies in this area and to assist students in the pursuit of a professional or scholarly career.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the successful completion of this course, students will demonstrate:|
1. develop an awareness of current debates in contemporary art across a number of disciplines
2. artistic practice that incorporates theoretical and reflective knowledge
3. application of research methods appropriate to creative practice
4. specialised knowledge of a selected aspect of art theory and practice in relation to the student's creative direction.
5. research and writing skills in relation to theory and the student's artistic practice.
|Content||The following topics will be included:|
Art historical models and theories
Problem of originality
Subjectivity and identity
The politics of difference
Memory, narrative and artistic process
Developing and maintaining an artistic practice
|Replacing Course(s)||ARTC3010 Art His & Th: Memory, History, Interdisciplinarity.|
|Transition||Students who have successfully completed ARTC3010 Art HIs & Th: Memory, History, Interdisciplinarity may not enrol into CAPA3010.|
|Assumed Knowledge||CAPA1080 Introduction to Drawing, Painting and Sculpture and/or CAPA1101 Introduction to Digital Imaging and New Media A and CAPA2010 Painting, Sculpture and New Media or equivalent (contact course coordinator for clarification)|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for CAPA3010|