Creative and Emerging Technologies in the Creative and Performing Arts
|Course code CAPA3001||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course introduces areas that are fundamental to the Creative and Performing Arts, including Theatre, Performance, Drama, Visual Arts and Sound across a variety of contemporary cultural contexts. The course synthesises key ideas already developed in CAPA1001 and CAPA2001.
It explores the creative role and value of new and existing technologies, aesthetic judgment of creative works that use technological mediation and associated methodological approaches. Using various technological resources such as hand held devices or dedicated software applications, students will engage collaboratively in practical workshops and processes of group reflection, analysis, and aesthetic judgment towards the production of events, performances, artworks and websites.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the successful completion of this course, students will demonstrate:|
1. a familiarity with the role of existing and emerging technologies in the production of events, performances and artworks
2. an analysis of critical approaches to the contemporary creative and performing arts.
3. an ability to apply collaborative process, critical analysis, and aesthetic judgment in the creative and performing arts.
4. advanced writing, presentation, and creative production skills.
|Content||In this course students will investigate: |
1. The role of existing and emerging technologies within the construction of meaning in contemporary creative production.
2. A diverse range of critical approaches to the contemporary creative and performing arts.
3. Critical relationships between processes of practical creative production and group critique in the making and judgment of events, performances, and artworks.
|Assumed Knowledge||CAPA 1001 and CAPA2001.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for CAPA3001|