Painting, Sculpture and New Media
This course is designed to further develop visual literacy and skills in two and three dimensional and digital art practices. It follows on from CAPA1080 and CAPA1101 in developing the methods and materials of both physical and digital contemporary practice and their relationship to the historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary art and culture.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Developed skill in using the methods, materials and equipment necessary for the practice of two and three dimensional and digital art
2. Developed creative expression in two and three dimensional and digital art practice
3. Critical understanding of the historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary two and three dimensional and digital art practice
4. Awareness of health and safety issues and practices
- further development of the methods and materials of painting, sculpture and new media
- composition, concept, structure and form
- concept, representation and abstraction
- painting, sculpture and new media in art history
- health and safety
CAPA1080 Introduction to Drawing, Painting and Sculpture and/or CAPA1101 Introduction to Digital Imaging and New Media
Practical Demonstration: Practical Assessment 1
Presentation: Seminar Presentation
Practical Demonstration: Practical Assessment 2