Creative and Performing Arts 2
This course introduces areas that are fundamental to the Creative and Performing Arts, including Theatre, Performance, Drama, Visual Arts and Sound in a variety of contemporary cultural contexts. It develops approaches to collaboration introduced in CAPA1001. The course introduces analytical and practical approaches needed for the understanding of the use of gesture, image, movement, text and sound in a creative work such as a time based event, performance, installation or media based work. It will explore a range of creative and analytical approaches to concepts such as text, texture, representation, non-representation, abstraction, hybridity and narrative in a variety of contemporary cultural contexts.
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. A critical appreciation of the relationship between gesture, image, movement, space, text and/or sound
2. The ability to identify processes in collaborative creative production
3. The ability to investigate theoretical and practical approaches to creative works, events and performance making in a range of critical and cultural contexts
4. Developing skills in the collaborative creation of works and/or events involving gesture, movement, space, text and/or sound.
This course explores and provides:
- Case study exemplars of contemporary creative works that explore the relationship between gesture, image, movement, space, text and/or sound.
- A dynamic range of practical approaches and theoretical concepts for creating collaborative performances/events/works
- Experience in the collaborative process of creating new works in the creative and performing arts
Successful completion of CAPA1001
Presentation: Seminar presentation
Project: Group project
Written Assignment: Individual Analytical Critique
Ourimbah and Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term