Visual Creativity: Sculpture
This course is designed to develop visual literacy and skills in three-dimensional art practice. It provides a practical introduction to the methods and materials of sculptural practice and other three-dimensional art practices, a focus on themes of space in contemporary art, and an overview of the historical and theoretical underpinnings of three-dimensional art practice in contemporary culture.
Not currently available.
1. have a basic understanding of the methods, materials and equipment necessary for the practice of sculpture and other three-dimensional art practices
2. have an understanding of the expressive possibilities of three-dimensional art practices
3. have a basic understanding of the historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary three-dimensional art practice
4. have an understanding of health and safety issues and practices
- introduction to methods and materials of three-dimensional art making
- thinking in three dimensions: form, structure, direction and space
- brief overview of historical and theoretical underpinnings of contemporary three-dimensional art practice
- the body in contemporary three-dimensional art practice
- current issues in art health and safety
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Portfolio: Portfolio 1
Portfolio: Portfolio 2