Aviation Safety Management Systems
The course is intended to improve knowledge of Aviation Safety Management Systems. The course is aimed to encourage students to develop competency in establishing and maintaining safety management systems in real operations, in accordance with appropriate regulations and advisory publications.
- Trimester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate sound knowledge of safety management systems in applied settings
2. Demonstrate the ability to collect and collate information and prepare an appropriate discussion paper
3. Identify and locate information relevant to the topic areas
4. Participate effectively in electronic communication
5. Demonstrate ability to communicate ideas in written form
6. Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks
The course integrates advanced knowledge of safety management systems with appreciation of human factors, in accordance with CASA Advisory Circular 119-165 Safety Management Training.
It is expected that most students will have an ATPL, LAME or ATS licence, and/or aviation related experience.
Written Assignment: Discussion 1
Written Assignment: Discussion 2
Written Assignment: Discussion 3
Written Assignment: Discussion 4
Journal: Reflective Journal
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term