The course is intended to facilitate students' understanding of the contribution of human factors in various specialisations within the aviation industry.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 1 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of advanced human factors concepts in various industry specialties.
2. Demonstrate the ability to collect and collate information and prepare an appropriate discussion paper.
3. Identify and locate information relevant to topic areas.
4. Participate in electronic communication.
5. Demonstrate ability to communicate ideas in written form.
6. Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks.
This course allows for the integration of advanced development of students' skills and knowledge in the area of human factors in the aviation domain. Specific content includes: critical review of human factors position papers, theoretical positions and research findings; and exploration of systemic models in aviation human factors. It encourages the development of additional knowledge in a specific topic area of human factors in the aviation domain specifically relevant to the work place of the student.
It is expected that most students will have a CPL, ATPL, LAME, or ATS licence, and/or experience in the aviation industry.
Essay: Essays / Written Assignments
Online Learning Activity: Group/tutorial participation and contribution