Advanced Aviation Human Factors Research Skills
This course Introduces students to aspects of methodology and statistics in human factors in research. Students are expected to design a research project on an aviation human factors topic.
- Trimester 3 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of research methodology in aviation human factors.
2. Critically research papers in the field.
3. Develop an appropriate research design for a human factors project in the aviation domain.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate statistical analysis.
5. Identify and locate information relevant to topic areas.
6. Participate in electronic communication.
7. Demonstrate ability to communicate ideas in written form.
8. Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks.
This course allows for the further development of students' skills and knowledge in the area of advanced human factors. Specific content includes: critical review of human factors topics; understanding of methodological approaches in aviation human factors and the development of additional knowledge in a specific topic area of human factors in the aviation domain.
It is expected that most students will have a CPL, ATPL, LAME, or ATS licence, and/or experience in the aviation industry.
Online Learning Activity: Discussion Forums
Report: Report: capstone project
Journal: Reflective Journal
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students will also participate in BlackBoard-based discussion.
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term