|Course code ARBE6372||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Architecture and Built Environment|
Develop the students skills and knowledge to carry out valuations for rating and taxing purposes and assess compensation for compulsory acquisition and resumption of land.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students are expected to:|
(1) Understand the legal concepts of statutory valuations, including rating and taxing, valuation of land Act, role of court and expert witness, specialist valuations, compulsory acquisition, resumption and compensation.
(2) Ability to prepare a statutory report for a rating or specialist valuation.
(3) Ability to prepare a compensation report for a resumption.
|Content||1. Introduction to principles of Statutory Valuations|
2. Types of valuations used for rating & taxing
3. Valuation of Land Act
4. Role of Court in Statutory Values
5. Specialist Valuations
6. Valuation methods of statutory valuations
7. Practical application in rating and taxing values
8. Principles of Acquisition and resumption
9. Land acquisition and compensation Act
10. Determination of compensation
11. Practical application in compulsory acquisition and resumption.
|Assumed Knowledge||ARBE6351 Property Investment and Evaluation|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for ARBE6372|