Available in 2012
|WebLearn GradSchool||Trimester 1, Trimester 3|
Previously offered in 2013
Develop the students skills and knowledge to carry out valuations for rating and taxing purposes and assess compensation for compulsory acquisition and resumption of land.
On completion of this course students are expected to:
(1) Understand the legal concepts of statutory valuations, including rating and taxing, valuation of land Act, role of court and expert witness, specialist valuations, compulsory acquisition, resumption and compensation.
(2) Ability to prepare a statutory report for a rating or specialist valuation.
(3) Ability to prepare a compensation report for a resumption.
1. Introduction to principles of Statutory Valuations
2. Types of valuations used for rating & taxing
3. Valuation of Land Act
4. Role of Court in Statutory Values
5. Specialist Valuations
6. Valuation methods of statutory valuations
7. Practical application in rating and taxing values
8. Principles of Acquisition and resumption
9. Land acquisition and compensation Act
10. Determination of compensation
11. Practical application in compulsory acquisition and resumption.
ARBE6351 Property Investment and Evaluation
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Self Directed Learning
Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term