Advanced Property Valuation
Develop the students advanced knowledge in applying accepted valuation methodologies to complex (commercial/retail/industrial) and specialised properties, and property investment analysis for complex property development.
- Trimester 1 - 2016
- Trimester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the principles of sales and rental analysis, capitalisation approach to valuation, and characteristics of complex (commercial/retail/industrial) and specialized properties
2. Ability to prepare a valuation report for a complex (commercial/retail/industrial) or specialized property.
3. Ability to apply software and techniques for real estate investment decision-making practices of a complex property development.
- Sales and Rental Analysis
- Capitalisation (income) approach to value
- Characteristics and valuation of commercial (office) properties including business parks
- Characteristics and valuation of retail properties
- Characteristics and valuation of industrial properties
- Characteristics and valuation of Specialised Properties
- Valuation Report for complex and specialised properties
- Going Concern Valuations
- Residual land value analysis for complex property development
- Advanced Valuation Topics
- Discounted Cash Flow approach to value
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6361. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6361 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6362.
This course replaces ARBE6361. If you have successfully completed ARBE6361 you cannot enrol in this course.
ARBE6351 Property Investment and Evaluation
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Advanced Valuation Report
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Advanced Investment Analysis
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term