Property and Facilities Management
Explores the evolution of property management through to facilities management. It examines the principles and practice of property management and facilities management of residential and commercial properties.
- Trimester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the principles and practice of property management of residential and commercial properties.
2. Ability to analyze the principles and practice of facilities management of commercial properties.
1. Property Management:
- Principles and practice of property management
- Property management plan
- Maintenance management
- Energy conservation
- Life cycle management
- Lease and tenant management
- Accounting and budgeting
- Rental reviews
- Risk and insurance
2. Facilities Management:
- Theories and practice of facilities management
- Property asset management
- Functional and economic performance of asset
- Maintenance and refurbishment implications
- Life cycle costing and cost benefit analysis
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6330. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6330 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6331.
This course replaces ARBE6330. If you have successfully completed ARBE6330 you cannot enrol in this course.
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Facilities Management Proposal
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Final Recommendations on Facilities Management
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term