This course investigates the theory and practice of facilities management. Elements of strategic and operational facilities management will be discussed in the context of technology, cost, legal/contract, environmental and performance management.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2016.
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE4322. Students who have successfully completed ARBE4322 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE4303.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Identify the evolving nature of facilities management functions and practice.
2. Relate facilities management functions and practice to the effectiveness of core and non-core operations of business organisations.
3. Develop strategic business directions and prepare strategic facilities management plans.
4. Prepare operational facilities management plans.
- Introduction to facilities management
- Strategic facilities management
- Operational facilities management
- Location and space management
- Building systems maintenance management
- Knowledge and information and communication technology management
- Contract management
- Cost management for facilities operations
- Change and culture management
- Performance management
This course replaces ARBE4322. If you have successfully completed ARBE4322 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: FM Paper
Written Assignment: FM Service Proposal