This course investigates the theory and practice of facilities management. Elements of strategic and operational facilities management will be discussed in the context of technology, cost, legal/contract, environmental and performance management.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Identify the evolving nature of facilities management functions and practice.
2. Relate facilities management functions and practice to the effectiveness of core and non-core operations of business organisations.
3. Develop strategic business directions and prepare strategic facilities management plans.
4. Prepare operational facilities management plans.
- Introduction to facilities management
- Strategic facilities management
- Operational facilities management
- Location and space management
- Building systems maintenance management
- Knowledge and information and communication technology management
- Contract management
- Cost management for facilities operations
- Change and culture management
- Performance management
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE4322. Students who have successfully completed ARBE4322 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE4303.
This course replaces ARBE4322. If you have successfully completed ARBE4322 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: FM Paper
Written Assignment: FM Service Proposal