Construction Technology and Services
|Course code ARBE4102||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Architecture and Built Environment|
This course develops the understanding of key concepts associated with the construction of High Rise buildings. The course provides a vehicle to develop knowledge and skills needed to comprehend the design of services in major buildings, and in so doing engender a life-long interpretation of the intricacies of physical installation and their critical sequence in the construction process.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of the course students will be able to:|
- Understand the techniques used in high-rise construction and how they are incorporated into the building process
- Appreciate the requirements and elements of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and transportation services in buildings
- Understand the design and integration of services into high-rise buildings
- Present written and visual concepts and ideas.
|Content||- Building Code of Australia |
- Evolution of High Rise Structures
- Curtain Walls & Facades
- High Rise HVAC, environmental, electrical, mechanical, hydraculic services & lifts
- Thermal comfort, heat load analysis, air conditioning processes, plant selection and sizing.
- Implications for managing the construction process.
- Gas, oil, electricity and solid fuels.
- Design of hot and cold water supply, drainage systems and effluent, electrical supply and distribution systems and vertical transportation.
- Concrete Frame construction
- Steel frame construction
- High Rise Structural Elements
- Management of the building process
|Replacing Course(s)||This replaces and modifies an existing course ARBE4100 Construction Technology 4.|
|Transition||ARBE4100 Construction Technology 4 to ARBE4102 Construction Technology and Services.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Case Study|
Email Discussion Group
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 10 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for ARBE4102|