Design for Innovation
Students are exposed to the special difficulties of scheduling work involving innovation. Project management tools are applied to the development process and are employed to manage the design of a complex product involving significant innovation. This course is the culmination of all previous coursework with a focus on product innovation.
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. Devise a strategy for minimising the number of unknowns in innovative concept.
2. Develop a technique for assigning time budgets to the development of solutions unknown aspects of a concept.
3. Employ a range of research methods, experimentation and testing to resolve unknown aspects of a design concept.
4. Engage with the need to consider potential social, environmental and ethical consequences of a design innovation.
- Develop an innovative product
- Design Strategies to support innovation
- Design Ethics
- Design Research
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Industrial Design program.
Project: ASSIGNMENT 1
Project: ASSIGNMENT 2
Project: ASSIGNMENT 3
Project: ASSIGNMENT 4
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term