Industrial Design Professional Project
|Course code ARBE3520||Units 20||Level 3000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Architecture and Built Environment|
Focuses on design for optimal product performance. Permits students to undertake a significant project of their choice. This project will exhibit all the attributes of a professional Industrial Design project. The design brief and design solutions embody a comprehensive consideration of marketing and manufacturing requirements. Project management tools are applied to ensure that design solutions are resolved at a detailed level within the time available.
Industry based projects are encouraged and input is sought from industry mentors.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. Isolate and define a solvable, Industrial Design problem from a poorly defined problem scenario.|
2. Project manage an Industrial Design project such that manufacturing, marketing, budget, social and statutory requirements are met within a given time span.
3. Select a range of appropriate design tools and apply them to the solution of the particular design problem.
4. Engage with the process of providing a balanced solution to an Industrial Design problem.
5. Participate in and contribute to teams engaged in the design activity
6. Engage imagination, think creatively, innovate and provide Industrial Design leadership.
7. Make informed decisions relating to manufacturing materials and processes.
8. Utilise appropriate research methods to support design practice
|Content||Major design project involving:|
- development of design brief
- project planning
- design and development
|Replacing Course(s)||Not applicable|
|Assumed Knowledge||Not Applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Studio: for 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for ARBE3520|